XRM Bikers Club
Please login or register to view more topics and pictures inside the forum and join the
XRM Bikers Club Discussions as well as ...ride safely

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

XRM Bikers Club
Please login or register to view more topics and pictures inside the forum and join the
XRM Bikers Club Discussions as well as ...ride safely
XRM Bikers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tinapay may halong Opium!

Go down

Tinapay may halong Opium!      Empty Tinapay may halong Opium!

Post by Y I N G Tue 15 Feb 2011, 2:30 am

BINALAAN ni Senate Majority Floor Leader Vicente Sotto III ang publiko sa mga restaurant at bakery na nagbebenta ng pagkain, partikular na ang tinapay, na may opium poppy seeds.

Kasunod ito ng pagkakadiskubre ng mga awtoridad sa talamak na bentahan ng mga pagkain na may halong iligal na droga.

Sa kanyang privilege speech sa Senado, ibinunyag ni Sotto na isang dayuhan na may-ari ng ilang sangay ng restawrant ang inaresto ng mga tauhan ng National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) at Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) dahil sa drug trafficking sa lungsod ng Maynila, kamakailan.

Sinabi ni Sotto na may natanggap itong kopya ng report mula

sa DDB-Technical Working Group na bulgaran na ang pagbebenta ng opium poppy seed na ipinapalaman sa mga pagkain sa ilang grocery, bakeshops at supermarkets.

Inihayag ni Sotto na sa Article I, Section 3 of Republic Act 9165 o mas kilala bilang “The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002,” ipinaliwanag ang opium poppy at kabilang dito ang buto.

“Article II of Republic Act 9165, provides: Importation of Dangerous Drugs and/or Controlled Precursors and Essential Chemicals.

The penalty of life imprisonment to death and a fine ranging from five hundred thousand (P500,000) to ten million (P10,000,000) shall be imposed upon any person, who, unless authorized by law, shall import or bring into the Philippines any dangerous drug, regardless of the quantity and purity involved, including any and all species of opium poppy or any part thereof or substances derived there from even for floral, decorative and culinary purposes,” said ni Sotto.

“Thus, the decorative and culinary arguments for the continued importation of these items are no longer availing, because the law declares the opium poppy and any part thereof as illegal. It is, as the lawyers say, mala prohibita,” idinagdag pa ng senador.

Dahil dito, inalerto ng mambabatas ang taumbayan sa poppy seeds na tiyak na may masamang epekto sa kalusugan. Karaniwan anya itong makikita sa Barangay Paoay, Atok, Benguet.”

“Opium poppy plantations in our midst is no laughing matter. Today, such plantations abound in the Golden Triangle countries of Myanmar, Laos, and Thailand. In the Middle East, the places where these abound is referred to as the Golden Crescent -- Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan,” giit pa ng senador.

Nanawagan din si Sotto sa publiko na tumulong sa pagsugpo sa mga tindahan na nagtitinda ng mga bakery products na may poppy seeds.

“I therefore urge all outlets of these poppy seeds to cease and desist from offering these as condiments. It is illegal. I call on law enforcement operatives to include this information in their operations on anti-illegal drug activities,” pahayag pa nito.

Y I N G
Teenage Umang Hunters

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum